Mother Nature is blessed with healing herbs that can be used to safely treat many illnesses. Herbalism is a traditional way of making and using herbal medicines which are immensely effective, natural and therefore gentle on both people and the environment. They provide a sustainable method to boost your immunity, fight colds and flu, increase your vitality and improve your gut and general health.
This workshop will empower you to take control of your and your family’s health and wellbeing through understanding the medicinal value of plants and the best ways to use them.
Join us for an intensive 3 hours herbal home remedies hands-on workshop to gain practical knowledge on alternative ways to treat common health conditions. You will have an opportunity to see, make and taste all food and herbal preparations under the guidance of an accomplished medical herbalist. Once Lorraine has shown you how easy it is to make your own herbal remedies, you’ll feel more confident about re-creating them yourself.
On the day you will learn:
- how to make your own traditional herbal medicines. The focus in this workshop is on making herbal medicines that boost your immune system and strengthen your body to ward off and treat colds and flu.
- which herbal remedies best treat specific ailments
- how to confidently use 11 immune-boosting and anti-microbial herbs and spices
- various techniques in herbal preparation including infusion, decoction and healing paste making
- to use food to boost your immune system and speed up healing
- how to treat children’s colds and flus
You will leave this workshop with:
- practical skills and knowledge in how to enhance and maintain your and your family’s health with nature’s help
- advice on where to get your supplies for your home remedies
- a starter kit of 4 different herbs/spices to get you started at home (in a value of $50 included in the price of workshop)
- full recipes, instructions and how to’s
What to bring:
- your wonderful self
- your favourite apron, remember this is a hands-on workshop otherwise we will provide one for you
- your questions – there will be plenty of time for questions, make sure you write them down so you don`t forget to ask
Ashburton Community Centre
160 High Street, Ashburton, 3146