Five quick facts about what is gut health involved in:
- Healthy gut is a foundation of our overall health and wellbeing
- If we maintain healthy gut our body can better observe nutrients from foods
- Healthy gut helps in the process of elimination of waste i.e. chemicals, toxins we are exposed to as a result of living western modern lifestyle and therefore avoiding chronic illnesses and allergies
- There is a link between healthy gut and neurological and mental health. Neurotransmitter seretonin is produced in the gut. Low levels of seretonin can affect mood and are linked to depression, autism, ADHD.
- Healthy gut strengthens and regulates our immune system